This Page

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Undomestic Goddess The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I was hesitant to pick this up after my last experience with a Kinsella novel. The Udomestic Goddess was your typical chick lit story. It is a very light hearted and easy read, similar to Kinsellas other efforts. The first half was reminiscant of my previous experience as I was I was getting a bit irritated at the main character, Samantha. I thought to myself that there is no way that this is getting anything more than two stars.

Then the story took a turn and Samantha begins to take charge and stand up for herself. It was at this point in the story that I realized that I like books where the main character is a strong female. This one fits the bill (not as strong as some of the others I've read recently, but enough to compel me to finish the book).

The ending did follow your standard chick lit formula of boy and girl get back together and everything is dandy.

I would reccomend this book to someone looking for a quick diversion.

View all my reviews >>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home