This Page

has been moved to new address

The Book Blogger Hop- Black Friday Edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: The Book Blogger Hop- Black Friday Edition

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Book Blogger Hop- Black Friday Edition

Happy Friday!  I hope that my American readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.  I hope my other readers have had a fantastic week as well.  I am so lucky, I get to spend the day today hanging out with my little monkey. 

Stop by Crazy for Books to see what the Book Blogger Hop is all about.

The question of the week is: What is your favorite book cover?

It's no secret around here that I do judge a book by its cover.  It is often a gut level reaction that causes me to either love or hate a cover.  Often the ones that I love have people featured prominently.  For example, the primary reason I wanted to read Fragile by Lisa Unger was because of the cover.  Seeing that cover led me to read the synopsis and ultimately read the book.
Although I was also intrigued by the cover of Georgia's Kitchen which doesn't feature people at all.  

My cover reaction is generally a first test as to whether or not I will read a book.  The exception to this is if someone specifically recommends a book to me.  If they think I will like something I'll pick it up even if I don't initially jump for the cover.  This is how I've discovered new authors and new genres.

How about you?  What draws you to a book?

Have you checked out my giveaway that is ending next week?  Alive Eve Cohen's What I Thought I Knew

Do you listen to Audio Books?  I have the pleasure of hosting the 2011 Audio Book Challenge.  I'd love for you to join me.

As always, thank you for stopping by.  I hope that you'll visit again.  Have a fantastic weekend!

10 Comments:

At November 26, 2010 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Joining u from the hop on this very cold Friday.

I chose Saving CeeCee Honeycutt as my favourite cover.

I can be put off by a cover, but not always drawn in by a cover. It is the blurb that makes or breaks it for me

enjoy ur weekend!

carol

 
At November 26, 2010 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Hi, stopping by for the Blog Hop! I'm a new follower. I aslo judge a book by its cover unfortunatly, well it's not always a bad thing. Have a good rest of the Hop and weekend!

 
At November 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you, I am drawn to a book firstly by the cover :). I like your choice, reminds me of a nice autumnal day.

 
At November 26, 2010 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Love your cover choices! I don't judge a book by its cover; however; the cover will entice me to pick it up and investigate the content.

Not an audio book, nor ebook reader, prefer to hold the book in my hands!

I'll definitely check out your giveaway! And I have monthly book giveaway linky list posts at Ruthi Reads!, so do stop by to add yours.

Book Blogger Hop and new GFC Follower!

 
At November 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Library Cat said...

Hi, I am hopping by and I am a new follower ~ I would like to become addicted to audiobooks. You need to tell me the very best one to start with!

 
At November 26, 2010 at 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to go a bit off the cover too, it gives you a clue as to the type of book. In fact my favourite book cover I brought almost solely because of it's presentation (and loved when I read it!)

 
At November 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Yvonne said...

I try not to judge a book by its cover, but it's hard to do.

I'm hopping in from the blogger hop and a new follower.

http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/

 
At November 27, 2010 at 8:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog and have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award here: http://baffledbooks.wordpress.com/2010/11/27/in-which-i-get-a-shiny-award/

 
At November 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Vanessa Morgan said...

I noticed you're currently listening to Oogy. Now that's a cover I love. It's sooooo cute that I can't help myself but run to Amazon to get the book -- Vanessa Morgan

 
At November 27, 2010 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hello...stopping by from the Blog Hop...don't think I have visited before.

Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer to this week's question:

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home