This Page

has been moved to new address

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner

Friday, February 26, 2010

The Shack The Shack by William P. Young


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
A friend suggested that I read this book. Upon starting it I was a bit skeptical... my friend suggested I give it a bit longer. I am so glad that I did. There were several points in the story that made me stop and think about the way that I perceive and react to things. I feel like this book was similar to Eat, Pray, Love in that you have to be at a certain place in your life to get certain things out of it. Should I read this one again, I'm positive that I will pick up things that I might have missed this time around.

View all my reviews >>

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

I've been meaning to read this for ages.

 
At April 24, 2010 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

I will admit that I haven't read this book because I've heard it's pushing a particular religious viewpoint that I probably won't agree with.

Having said that, I have read Eat, Love, Pray. I regret wasting my time, my money and a day of my life reading it. It is one of the worst books I have ever read!

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:23 PM , Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I read this last year. I thought the story itself was really great. Not by far the most earth shattering book but a good one..the ending however felt like a cop out and it really ruined the whole thing for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home