This Page

has been moved to new address

Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros

Monday, December 20, 2010

Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros



My thoughts:  I picked up this book for a quick diversion.  It is a very quick read (it took me about three hours)  that is largely comprised of tweets.  For those of you who may be unfamiliar with twitter or tweeting, it is a form of social media in which your entire comment is limited to 140 characters.  

A very sweet story about an author who has pretty much fallen from the public eye after a rapid rise to the top.  Struggling to write her next story and feeling pressure from her publicist she reluctantly signs on to twitter and is immediately contacted by Mark.  

Mark teaches the newbie the ins and outs of twitter and the two begin a flirtation.  Mark shares his adventures and Abby shares her frustrations.  The story is not without its ups and downs.  Having isolated herself for so long, Abby questions the wisdom of opening up to a man that she met on the Internet.  Mark's life seems so exciting and he is able to reach her in ways that others have not so she casts those questions aside.  Mark motivates her to move forward both professionally and personally.  Abby convinces him to reveal his true self.

This is a great novel for a quick escape from reality.  Some of the pop culture references lead me to believe that I fall squarely in the middle of the target audience for this book, but I think some younger people will be able to appreciate it.  It is a fairly innocent romance, but I will caution that there are one or two parts that are a little more suggestive.

I received my copy of Goodnight Tweetheart from the publisher for review.  This is my honest opinion of the book.


Labels:

4 Comments:

At December 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great review! I'll have to find a copy of this one.

 
At December 20, 2010 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

This sounds totally perfect for me. I really must pick it up :)

 
At December 21, 2010 at 9:49 PM , Blogger 20 YORK STREET said...

Hmmn, I've never heard of this book! Thank you for sharing - I may check it out!

 
At December 27, 2010 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Meg @ write meg! said...

Considering we're all so ensconced in blogging and social media, I think I'd find this cute, too! Reminds me a bit of "You've Got Mail," and that's one of my favorite films.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home