This Page

has been moved to new address

Let's Eat! by Denise Burroughs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Let's Eat! by Denise Burroughs

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Let's Eat! by Denise Burroughs


My thoughts:  This is a short and sweet cookbook that is full of simple recipes that are ideal for someone who is just starting out in the world and not used to cooking for themselves.  In reading through the book I found several that were similar if not the same as some that my grandmother wrote on index cards and gave to me when I moved out on my own.  It has a lot of helpful hints, tips and conversions in the front of the book.

Many of the recipes do rely on ready to prepare items that one might keep on hand to use in a pinch.  It does not include many fresh ingredients or give the option to make something from scratch.  Will this book assist a bachelor in basic meal preparation, absolutely.  Will it teach you some basics of cooking, sure.  Will you create masterpiece meals, probably not.

I think there is room in every kitchen for a variety of cookbooks and this one deserves a place simply because it has some of those old time favorites in it.  I remember the first time I got to help my mom make "Fantasy Fudge" which is an included recipe.  I know each of us has likely made or eaten a variation on her Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops.  Take a look and see if you find any of your old favorites or perhaps a way to enhance a dish that you already love.

My copy of Let's Eat was provided by the author in order to participate in her tour through Pump up Your Book.  Receipt of the book did not affect my review.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Shelley said...

This sounds like a good comfort food book, and if they're easy--even better!

 
At December 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Amused said...

Sounds like you had a lot of memories inspired by this cookbook! For me, this one was hard because it didn't list alternatives or complete ingredient lists so I had to make up stuff as I went along with the recipe I tried. Oh well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home