This Page

has been moved to new address

Lucy Springer Gets Even by Lisa Heidke

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Lucy Springer Gets Even by Lisa Heidke

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lucy Springer Gets Even by Lisa Heidke

Synopsis from Goodreads:  Lucy Springer thinks she's got it tough. She's living through renovation hell, her two kids seem more challenging than ever, and her once successful acting career has been reduced to the odd commercial. 

Then Max, her husband, absconds to Bali with an unknown companion and things got from bad to disastrous. 

But Lucy doesn't give up easily. Juggling increasingly chaotic building dramas, bewildered children, her crazy best friend-slash-agent Gloria, her ever "helpful" mother and chasing after Max, Lucy Springer is determined to get her life onto an even keel - and more.


My thoughts:  Lucy Springer gets even is Lisa Heidke's first novel.  As soon as it arrived I was anxious to pick it up.  This summer I've been trying to lighten up my reading a little bit and this book fit the bill.  The story takes infidelity which is a pretty heavy topic and turns it into a humorous read.   


The characters are spunky but human.  The way that they react to the situations at hand could easily be found in your own parents group or community.  The revelation of Max's mistress was wonderfully written.  I was truly surprised by who it was and how Lucy found out.  I loved that I was "in the dark" right along with her.  Through the first part of the story I was occasionally frustrated by Lucy, but she turned it around and I really liked her character in the end and was pleased with the outcome of the story.  I am left wondering if there is a sequel in the works...


Since Lisa is an Australian author there were some phrases that I was unfamiliar with but that made the story that much more interesting to me.  I also had fun imagining the characters speaking with an accent.  Especially those in the construction crew.  


What Kate did Next is Lisa Heidke's second work that I would love to get my hands on.  It looks pretty good as well.  


For more information on Lisa Heidke go check out her website

Disclosure:  I was provided a copy of Lucy Springer Gets Even by the Author to participate in her virtual tour with Pump Up Your Book.  This is my honest opinion of the book.  









Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At July 27, 2010 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Julie P said...

I just saw another review of this book and added it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing, Teresa!

 
At August 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM , Blogger lheidke said...

Hi Teresa,
Thanks for your lovely review. I was concerned about how Lucy's story would travel given the Aussie phrases and references, so I am glad you enjoyed it. Re a sequel, I'm thinking about it. Lucy's journey is not quite over yet!
Cheers,
Lisa Heidke

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home