This Page

has been moved to new address

Kids Corner: The Bedtime of the Sky and Other Sleepy-Bye Stories

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Kids Corner: The Bedtime of the Sky and Other Sleepy-Bye Stories

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kids Corner: The Bedtime of the Sky and Other Sleepy-Bye Stories

Summary:  A collection of bedtime stories for children young and old. 

My thoughts:  Who doesn't love a good bedtime story?  I loved them when I was a little girl sharing my Daddy's lap with my two sisters as he read any of our favorites aloud.  I loved them just a few years ago as my husband would read them to me and our unborn child.  I love them now as I read them to my own little monkey as he winds down at the end of the day.  Bedtime stories are the things that memories are made of. 

This is a clever little collection of stories with wide appeal.  They are fairly simple and have a nice rhyme pattern so that my two year old can appreciate them.  They are long enough to be interesting, but short enough to hold a young child's attention.  They would work for a bedtime read along with a beginning reader.  The illustrations are colorful and incorporate shapes to go along with the featured story.   

The Bedtime of the Sky and Other Sleepy Bye Stories would be a wonderful addition to any child's home library.

In case you missed it yesterday, Carolyn dropped by Teresa's Reading Corner and will be doing so again today.  Please take a moment to make a comment or ask a question on yesterday's Guest Post and today's review post to be entered to win your own copy of The Bedtime of the Sky and Other Sleepy-Bye Stories.

Disclosure:  My copy of The Bedtime of the Sky and Other Sleepy Bye Stories by Carolyn Wolfe was provided to me by the author and Pump up Your Book promotions. 

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At September 8, 2010 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Great Review Teresa. This is a good book for kids and would make a great present with the holidays around the corner.

 
At September 8, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Blogger apple blossom said...

Oh, I love children's books.

A question for the author. How many books do you have published?

Thanks. I'd love to win this book.

ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

 
At September 8, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Apple Blossom! I have published 5 books including this one.These include two poetry collections and one short story collection for general audience readership and my two children's books The Bedtime Of The Sky and other Sleepy Bye Stories, for very young children and The Unhappy Little Dragon Lessons Begin. I am working on my next book which is the complete version of my story The Unhappy Little Dragon Lessons Begin. This will include that book and the rest of his journey and is called The Unhappy Little Dragon Lessons Learned. It is about a Dragon who cannot control his fire. I love writing for children. Thank you for posting both yesterday and today!
Sincerely,
Carolyn Wolfe

 
At September 8, 2010 at 6:14 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I want to thank Rebecca and Apple Blossom for your posts and questions today! I very much appreciate your kind words about my book.

I also very much want to thank Teresa for hosting The Bedtime Of the Sky and Other Sleepy Bye Stories both yesterday and today and for the very wonderful and warm review of my book! Thank you so much!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home