This Page

has been moved to new address

Author Spotlight: Kathy Bell

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Author Spotlight: Kathy Bell

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Author Spotlight: Kathy Bell

Today we have a visit from Kathy Bell who wrote Regression which I featured in an installment of First Impressions.

I Write Like I Live

I’m not a detail person. This shows in my composition, as I only build the world and characters as much as needed to tell the story. I dislike the tedium of minutae and cannot be bothered to include them when writing. I suppose this may alienate those who wish to find a fully fleshed supporting cast and a meticulously detailed world, but you cannot please them all!
As I go through my day, I only notice enough of the world around me to complete whatever tasks I am doing. Not tunnel vision, but certainly a focus on action. If I meet someone, I couldn’t tell you the least detail about their clothing, eye colour, or hairstyle. But I could likely tell you what they were doing and the effects of their action – or inaction, as the case may be. And so that is how I write.
I like action in my life, and the same in my stories. The password for my computer used to be productivity, to remind everyone who used it that they were supposed to be making productive use of their time in this world! The new password is also a reflection of my drive to keep busy…of course I won’t share it on the internet!
Thanks for visiting with us today Kathy.  I'm really looking forward to reading Regression and the follow up, Evollusion.

You can visit the rest of her tour and see what other Bloggers thought of Regression.

 Monday, October 11
Tuesday, October 12Interviewed at The Writer’s Life
Wednesday, October 13Book Reviewed at Just One More Page…or Two
Thursday, October 14Guest Blogging at I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read
Friday, October 15Book Reviewed at I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read
Monday, October 18
Guest Blogging at Lori’s Reading Corner
Tuesday, October 19Book Reviewed at Booksie’s Blog
Wednesday, October 20Book Reviewed at Allison’s Attic
Thursday, October 21
Book Reviewed at Crazy Cat Lady’s Library
Friday, October 22Book Reviewed at Diva’s Bookcase
Monday, October 25
Book Reviewed at Tina’s Book Reviews
Tuesday, October 26Book Reviewed at Life with 5 Monkies
Friday, October 29Book Reviewed at Books and Needlepoint
Monday, November 1
Book Reviewed at Libby’s Library News
Tuesday, November 2
Book Reviewed at Psychotic State
Wednesday, November 3Book Reviewed at Teresa’s Reading Corner
Thursday, November 4Guest Blogging at Teresa’s Reading Corner
Friday, November 5
Guest Blogging at Thoughts in Progress
Monday, November 8Book Reviewed at BookBound
Tuesday, November 9
Book Reviewed at Rundpinne
Wednesday, November 10Book Reviewed at Beck’s Book Picks
Thursday, November 11Book Reviewed at Libby’s Library News
Interviewed at Beck’s Book Picks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home