This Page

has been moved to new address

Join the Freedom Listening Club

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Join the Freedom Listening Club

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Join the Freedom Listening Club


Oprah is talking about it. So is TIME magazine and The New York Times. And you can too!  

Join in the fun:

Freedom Listening Club: Macmillan Audio’s month-long online audiobook discussion, launching November 1.

Having recently discovered my love of audio books I jumped at the chance to be a part of this.  Freedom is the longest audio book that I've tackled to date and I'm looking forward to the challenge.  If you haven't tried audio books yet, there are several reasons to give them a try.  The biggest one being that you can listen wherever and whenever you want to.  Listen in the car, at the gym, at home or even at work (my personal favorite).  

See what the folks at Macmillan had to say about the Freedom audio. 

Read by esteemed narrator David LeDoux, the audio edition of Freedom has received outstanding praise, mirroring the acclaim for the hardcover. Naming Freedom an “Earphones Award Winner,” AudioFile magazine describes the audiobook as “masterful” and one that “demonstrates the power of both the written and spoken word.” BookPage recently named Freedom their “Audio of the Month” for November, and Eric Alterman of The Nation called it “perhaps the best read audio book I've ever heard.”

They've already got some of the general information up on their facebook page.  Stop by and check it out.  Beginning on November 1st the discussion begins.

As an added bonus at the end of the Listening Club, Macmillan will pick 5 participants at random to win any Macmillan Audio audiobook of their choice. 

That is so cool!  I hope I'm one of the lucky five.

So what do you think?  Will you join me?  We can have mini discussions here at Teresa's Reading Corner and then take them over to the Facebook discussion.

I'm starting to listen tomorrow and then let the discussion begin.





1 Comments:

At November 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Teacher/Learner said...

I'll watch for your review of Freedom. Maybe the experience is different on audiobook but I just couldn't stand it after 200 pages. But, on the bright side, many have loved it so I hope you feel the same :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home