This Page

has been moved to new address

Lamb The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Lamb The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore

Friday, March 5, 2010

Lamb The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
I had previously read Fluke by Christopher Moore and found it quirky and amusing. I'd read several favorable reviews of Lamb so I thought I'd pick it up. I don't know if it was the subject matter, the writing, or just that I wasn't in the right frame of mind for this book but I didn't like it at all. I liked the idea of presenting Christ from a different point of view, but that was as far as it went. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.

I know that isn't much of a review, but that's all I've got. Have any of you read it? What did you think?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 5, 2010 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Reading Allowed said...

I read it and your review pretty well sums up how I felt (I read Fluke first too and really liked it). I just checked my goodreads though and I bizarrely gave Lamb four stars. Maybe it was just better that the other books I'd read recently? Either way, I remember it not fondly.

 
At March 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM , Blogger WonderBunny said...

I have read all of Christopher Moore's books - I mean, I did find you through the blog hop so I better be a reader! :) Anyway, I love his writing but this is my least favorite book. I know, I'm is the minority with that but I didn't love it. I've enjoyed everything else but never really got into this one. I highly recommend if you give him another try to read A Dirty Job. It is my all time favorite of his. I also really liked Island of the Sequined Love Nun and Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove.

You have a new follower!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home