This Page

has been moved to new address

First Impressions: Shadow of the Swords by Kamran Pasha

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: First Impressions: Shadow of the Swords by Kamran Pasha

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Impressions: Shadow of the Swords by Kamran Pasha

Synopsis from Goodreads:   An epic saga of love and war, Shadow of the Swords tells the story of the Crusades—from the Muslim perspective.Saladin, a Muslim sultan, finds himself pitted against King Richard the Lionheart as Islam and Christianity clash against each other, launching a conflict that still echoes today.
      In the midst of a brutal and unforgiving war, Saladin finds forbidden love in the arms of Miriam, a beautiful Jewish girl with a tragic past. But when King Richard captures Miriam, the two most powerful men on Earth must face each other in a personal battle that will determine the future of the woman they both love—and of all civilization.
      Richly imagined, deftly plotted, and highly entertaining, Shadow of the Swords is a remarkable story that will stay with readers long after the final page has been turned.

My thoughts:  I am on a real historical kick lately so when I was given the opportunity to read and review this one, I jumped on it.  Not only am I interested in the different time periods, I am interested in reading about different perspectives.  This one covers new territory for me so I'm really looking forward to reading it soon.  Stay tuned for a review.

I had to do a First Impressions Post to tell you about this one because it is releasing today, June 22, 2010.  If you get a chance to pick it up, stop back by and let me know what you think. I look forward to discussing it.


Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book from the publicist for review. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2010 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Stiletto Storytime said...

I got this one in the mail a few weeks ago...have not had a chance to really look at it...it was the endorsement by Margaret George that led me to accept it. She is my favorite historical fiction writer so I said yes. Would love to disucss when I get to the book! =)

Courtney

 
At June 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Jess // Curating Style said...

I stumbled upon your blog from Jamie's blog! I loved Kamran Pasha's Mother of the Believers (and, as a former Religion major, think it to be quite historically accurate), so I hope you enjoy this one! I haven't read it yet, but I've added it to my TBR list. I'm looking forward to reading your review. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home