This Page

has been moved to new address

Planning to Live by Heather Wardell

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Planning to Live by Heather Wardell

Friday, October 22, 2010

Planning to Live by Heather Wardell

Synopsis from authors website:  
Thirty-something Rhiannon is an obsessive planner and goal-setter, but somehow nothing she achieves ever seems good enough to her. Determined to lose forty pounds for her best friend's August wedding, Rhiannon flees her parents' house in a Christmas-day blizzard to avoid the temptation of all her favorite foods, but her car skids off the deserted road into a tree.Unable to escape the car, with her leg trapped and bleeding and her cell phone out of reach, Rhiannon is at first certain she'll be rescued and writes notes to her friends and family to pass the time. As the weather cools and her condition deteriorates, though, she recognizes the possibility that her life might be over. Interspersed with increasingly desperate escape attempts, her letters become deeper and more heart-felt as she comes to see what really matters in life.


My thoughts: I recently read Seven Exes are Eight too Many by Heather Wardell.  She warned me that Planning to Live was a very different kind of story.  She wasn't kidding.  

I found Planning to Live to be an entertaining read and was able to get through it quickly.  The characters were believable but felt a bit rushed.  I would have liked to get to know them a bit better.  This might have been due to the pace in which the story needed to be told.

I think Heather Wardell is extremely talented and is a great addition to Women's Fiction, but Planning to Live isn't her best work.  I'd definitely recommend Seven Exes are Eight too Many over Planning to Live.  


I received my copy of Planning to Live from the Author in hopes that I would review it.  All opinions are my own and were not influenced by receipt of the book.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home