This Page

has been moved to new address

Book Blogger Hop November 5th Edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Book Blogger Hop November 5th Edition

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Book Blogger Hop November 5th Edition

Welcome to Teresa's Reading Corner.  Here we are at the end of another week and its time for the Book Blogger Hop.

If you are new to the hop, head on over to Crazy for Books and Jennifer will explain how this works.

This week question is one that I think every single one of us thinks about at one time or another. 

"What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?"
I have stopped following a blog in the past.  I generally try to follow those blogs that I'm genuinely interested in.  If a blogger doesn't necessarily read the same type of books that I do, but I enjoy their reviews I will follow them to see if I might want to try a new genre or author.  Sometimes it just doesn't work out and I'll stop following them.

I have gone through streaks where it seems like all I do is lose followers.  I try to remember that it doesn't really matter, but I still wonder why.  Did I do something wrong? 

I have come to realize that commenting means more than just following.  I understand that sometimes you just can't comment.  There are days when I read right in my reader and never hop over to a blog because my time just won't allow it.  When I do have the time to comment, I really make an effort to do so.  I've also been making an effort here at Teresa's Reading Corner to spark some conversation. 

As part of the Challenge for this weeks hop, I am going to make an effort to be a more active member of the blogging community and I hope you will do the same.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know more of you!

Thanks for reading!

16 Comments:

At November 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM , Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

Stopping by via the hop. Going to check out some of your reviews now :)

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:25 PM , Blogger robsad79 said...

Hi there. New follower :). Can't wait to read old and new posts.

http://robsad79.blogspot.com/2010/11/book-blogger-hop.html

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Kylie1403 said...

Hopped on by...

I can understand how its hard not to take personal especially when we put so much of ourselves in out blogs

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Yes, commenting is much more important than just following -- you are spot on! Here's my Hop: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Blog Hop...

 
At November 4, 2010 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Bailey said...

I agree that sometimes it just doesn't work, and then I will stop following. Commenting means more, anyway! I'm already following. Hope you have a good weekend.

 
At November 4, 2010 at 10:38 PM , Blogger bibliophiliac said...

Teresa, I agree it is disheartening to lose followers, even when you tell yourself not to take it personally. I try not to become a follower of a blog I know I'm not really that interested in--because I hate to stop following. I agree, too, that comments are how we connect with readers--but sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day, so I just read and lurk!

 
At November 4, 2010 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Suko said...

Isn't this a thought-provoking question this week?

By the way, I have really enjoyed the coffee from your giveaway, thanks! Happy hopping!

 
At November 5, 2010 at 1:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Teresa! Thanks for stopping by at Coffee N Crackers....Thank for following me. I follow you back and looking forward for your reviews...=)

Have a nice Friday...

 
At November 5, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

Stopping by on the hop -- thanks for stopping by mine as well! I love your mad libs widget - so cute!

 
At November 5, 2010 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Mary G. said...

Just Hopping by!

Check out my post over at Sparkling Reviews :)

 
At November 5, 2010 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Howard Sherman said...

I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
performance.

On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
over-the-top way.

Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

 
At November 5, 2010 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! It is fun watching that ticker climb. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the new blogs I follow. I look forward to getting to know your blog better - great to "meet" you!

 
At November 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Already a follower, just hopping over to say
Hi and enjoy ur weekend!

carol

 
At November 5, 2010 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Amused said...

I agree with you. I follow lots of blogs and I do so because they are ones that I look forward to recommend to me the books that I want to read. I stop following blogs if they stop blogging or if their style changes drastically. When I lose followers I wish I knew the reasons why!

 
At November 5, 2010 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Teacher/Learner said...

Still glad to be following you & that you're still following me :D Have a great weekend.

 
At November 5, 2010 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Jeremy said...

Hello,
I'm making my rounds on the Blog Hop and Follow Friday too say hello and share the love. I really try to be a faithful follower that visit often. I totally understand about not having enough time to comment like I should. I hope you have a spectacular weekend and Happy Reading!

I'm a new follower.

Romance Book Junkies

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home