This Page

has been moved to new address

Oogy- the dog only a family could love by Larry Levin (audio book)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Oogy- the dog only a family could love by Larry Levin (audio book)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oogy- the dog only a family could love by Larry Levin (audio book)

My thoughts:  It is without hesitation that I say that Oogy was a very special dog as was the family that adopted him.  Oogy was discovered by the police when the busted up a dog fighting ring.  He had been used as a bait dog to train other dogs to fight.  The problem was that Oogy didn't have a vicious bone in his body, even under the worst of circumstances.  It was through sheer determination on his part as well as his care takers that he pulled through.  
Enter the Levin family.  They are at the Veterinarian's office dealing with one of the toughest situations an animal lover can face, the loss of their furry friend.  The immediate connection between this dog and this family was undeniable.  They immediately agreed to adopt the pup.

This story is as much about the dog as it is about the man and the family.  We learn about Larry's fears as he becomes a father for the first time. We are with him as he embraces fatherhood and grows as a parent. I am in awe of the lengths that Larry goes to caring for Oogy.  What starts out as a tragedy quickly becomes a very heartwarming story that will restore your faith in people.

The story is narrated by Larry Levin and I think that that it helps to convey the emotion in this story. As an animal lover and adoptive person to a rescue dog I recognize that helping these animals is extremely rewarding but can be very difficult.  I see what the Levin's gave to Oogy, but I can also see what Oogy gave to them.  

Seek this one out, you won't be sorry.

I received my copy of Oogy from the publisher for review.  This is my honest opinion.





Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 4, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

It definitely does sound like a heartwarming story! Thanks for the review.

 
At January 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Beth S. said...

I really want to read this one. My sister-in-law adopted a dog that was likely a bait dog so I think I would really relate to this book.

 
At January 5, 2011 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Suko said...

Wonderful review, Teresa. I would love to read--or listen to--this book.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home