This Page

has been moved to new address

Remembering the Classics: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Remembering the Classics: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Remembering the Classics: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

There is a lot going on in the book world to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.  I was recently asked to share my memories of my first experience reading this book.  I remember discussions about the story and watching the movie as part of a class in high school, but I don't specifically remember reading the book.   In any case, its been on my TBR list for the last couple months as I try to broaden my horizons and take a second look at the classics. 

Many people who are taking part in the celebration have commented that like many other things in life, the experience is different the second time around.  Maybe its just that we're older and wiser and that we pick up on different nuances in the story.  Maybe its that we can appreciate it more.  I'll let you know when I find out as I plan to pick this one up soon. 

I'll ask you, what memories do you have of your first experience with  To Kill a Mockingbird?

http://tokillamockingbird50year.com/

4 Comments:

At July 11, 2010 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Reading Allowed said...

I just reread it this year and I loved it so much. I was unimpressed the first time I read it, and I suspect that's because I read it in school and we deconstructed it to death. Nothing like public school to ruin perfectly good literature!

The second reading was so much better and I got much more out of it. I hope you find you love it!

 
At July 11, 2010 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Emidy @ Une Parole said...

I read this three years ago in school, and I thought it was pretty decent then. I'd love to re-read it now and see if my opinion has changed at all!

 
At July 11, 2010 at 4:20 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

I first read To Kill A Mockingbird in 9th grade and remember my English teacher saying it was her favorite book. I read and enjoyed it, but don't think I grasped the full meaning or story of the novel.

I reread To Kill A Mockingbird senior year of high school and any gap in my comprehension was filled "Now I get what Mrs. Fields was talking about."

I read Harper Lee's novel every few years and still makes a big impression on me.

 
At July 11, 2010 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Ann Summerville said...

Did I read correctly that this was Harper Lee's only novel? Very thought provoking book.
Ann
Cozy In Texas

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home