This Page

has been moved to new address

Book Blogger Hop January 14th edition

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Book Blogger Hop January 14th edition

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Book Blogger Hop January 14th edition

It's been a few weeks since I participated in the hop and I've got a couple of fun things to share, so I thought I'd hop back in this week.

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer over at Crazy For Books.  

Each week she poses a book blogging related question to get us talking and jumping around to each others blogs.  This weeks question is genre related.


She asks why we read the particular genre that we do and what draws us to that genre?

I don't really read one particular genre, but a variety.  I like contemporary fiction, classics, chick lit, historical fiction, etc.  I think the thing that draws me to a story are the characters.  I really like to read about strong women.  The other thing that consistently drives me to pick up a book is a recommendation from someone who has similar taste in books.  I'll even venture outside my comfort zone on this one if its someone that I trust wouldn't steer me wrong.  


Now for the fun things that I've got going on.  I've got a giveaway going on right now that is ending soon.  Sign up for two of Tami Hoag's popular mysteries.  

The other thing that you might be interested in is the 2011 Audio Book Challenge.   If you are new to Audio Books or are a seasoned veteran, sign up.  It's going to be great fun.  We can discover some great books and narrators together.  If you haven't listened to Audio Books before, let me know and I can help you get started.  

Make sure you say hello so I can hop by your blog as well.  Have a fantastic weekend!

18 Comments:

At January 13, 2011 at 9:53 PM , Blogger Julie Anne Lindsey said...

Hopping by to say Hello! I'm a huge YA fan and love the genre! You can find me blogging here: http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

 
At January 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM , Blogger pussreboots said...

I like character driven fiction as well. I read more than one genre. But there are a few genres I don't read. Come see what I do and don't read.

 
At January 13, 2011 at 10:36 PM , Blogger Amused said...

It sounds like we share we very similar taste!

 
At January 14, 2011 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Ms. C said...

Hi,

Lovely blog - I'm so glad I found you through the Hop. I'm definitely one of your newest followers :) I, too, enjoy reading a variety of books.

Feel free to explore my blog in your spare time, www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com

Take care & happy weekend,
Ms. C

 
At January 14, 2011 at 6:27 AM , Blogger  flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

Happy Hopping! I'm already a follower :)

www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

 
At January 14, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Teacher/Learner said...

Old follower hopping :) I also love reading a variety of books & will occasionally deek out of my comfort zone if something catches my attention. Of course, there are soooo many books to read within my comfort zone already :D Here's my post.

 
At January 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger mpartyka said...

I'm doing the hop this week too....

I have decided to bail on the audio book I'm listening to, I figure.. since I have been listening all year and still have half th ebook left (no interest) it's time to bail.

Have a great weekend!

 
At January 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Howard Sherman said...

Here I am hopping on by...

I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

Howard A. Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

 
At January 14, 2011 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Tasha said...

Just stopping by to share some Friday blog love! Have a great weekend!
Tasha @ A Trillian Books

 
At January 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Ann Summerville said...

Stopped by from the Blog Hop. I love cozy mysteries.
Ann

 
At January 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Peppermint Ph.D. said...

The characters and their relationships with one another and the story drive me as well...across genres. AS a matter of fact, there are really only a couple of genres I'm not interested in at all...and wouldn't completely mark them off my list...like you, I'd give even those a try if a respected reader, blogger recommended it :)

 
At January 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Characters definitely draw me to stories at times, too. But, unlike you, I find it really hard to read books that other recommend to me, even people I know really well and trust.

 
At January 15, 2011 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Heather Lynn said...

hopping by to say i agree friends that recommend books to me i feel compleled to read! check out my blog in your spare time? http://breathingbooks.blogspot.com/

 
At January 15, 2011 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Kim said...

I'm like you, an ecclectic reader. I was first attracted to cozy mysteries, and then I thought I prefered historicals, but found I don't like it if is laid on too thick.

I'm story driven over characters. I love a great storyteller. If I read a "heavy" book, I usually cleanse my palate with a "lightweight" one after.

 
At January 15, 2011 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Belinda said...

Hopping through and I'm an old follower. Hope you're having a fun weekend so far! You can find my HOP answer and FEVERfest recap at The Bookish Snob

 
At January 15, 2011 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Sugarbeat said...

Hi There!
I've found you through the Friday Follows! I dropped by to see what your answers were to the questions and I'm your newest follower! Drop by my blog and read what I said and say hi! I can be found at Sugarbeat's Books

 
At January 15, 2011 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I tend to be drawn to characters too. Although if the plot and/or setting is really interesting, I can deal with lackluster characters.
My Hop

 
At January 16, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Readaholics said...

Hey Teresa, just stopping by on the hop and follow. I'm ur newest follower. I think variety is the spice of life. I can't wait until Tuesday=Shadowfever!!!
Have a great weekend curled up with a book.Happy Reading!!!
See ya!
Dana
Readaholics Anonymous

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home