This Page

has been moved to new address

Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita K. Paul

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita K. Paul

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita K. Paul

Synopsis from Goodreads:  In a sleepy, snow-covered city, Cora Crowder is busy preparing for the holiday season. Searching for a perfect gift, a fortuitous trip to Warner, Werner, and Wizbotterdad's (a most unusual bookshop) leads to an unexpected encounter with co-worker Simon Derrick and the surprise discovery of a ticket for a truly one-of-a-kind Christmas Ball. 

Every year, the matchmaking booksellers of the Sage Street bookshop host an enchanting, old-fashioned Christmas Ball for the romantic matches they've decided to bring together. 

This year, will Simon and Cora discover a perfect chemistry in their opposite personalities and shared faith? Or will the matchmakers' best laid plans end up ruining everything this holiday?


My thoughts:  It seems that my reading plan was not quite in line with my activity level in December.  This was one of the few Holiday themed books that I was reading this year.  I didn't get it in before Christmas or even before the New Year so it ended up being my first book in 2011.  

I pretty much knew that it was going to read like a Hallmark special and that was exactly what I was looking for.  I really enjoyed the addition wizardry into the theme.  This story was an exploration of a new relationship, but also of faith .  Sometimes the two combined can really weigh down a story, but in this case the wizardry and the ball made it  more fun.  The story is full of fantastic coincidences and wonderful people.  It is a simple yet elegant holiday read that will satisfy your sweet tooth and is sure to get you in the holiday spirit.  


Check out the trailer...









Edited 1/20/11 to add:

I just realized that this book counts toward my What's in a Name Challenge hosted by Beth Fish Reads for the Number in the title Category.  Yay for achieving one of the challenge goals!


I was provided a copy of Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by the Publisher for review.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At January 5, 2011 at 6:14 AM , Blogger Wolfe said...

I got to review this before christmas and it was one of my favorite holiday reads this year. You knew how it would turn up and it was still a perfect story with some great characters.

 
At January 5, 2011 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

Great review. I liked this one too :)

 
At January 5, 2011 at 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the cover of this book. I'm going to get a copy and pack it away with my Christmas decorations for next Christmas.

 
At January 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Donita K. Paul said...

Now is a good time to get it. Amazon has it on sale. And it won't spoil, being packed away until next year. Thank you for the review, Teresa. I'm glad you liked the book. I did too.

 
At January 7, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I looked at this in Borders and wondered -- Thanks! I'll have to plan on it for next year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home