This Page

has been moved to new address

Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty



This was the conclusion to the series in which we follow Jessica Darling through high school and college and into her career. I picked up the first one Sloppy Firsts because I kept hearing so many great things about it. I'm still not sure why I continued the series other than to satisfy my curiosity. I felt like I must be missing something and that it had to get better.

Perfect Fifths is the reunion between Jessica and her high school sweetheart, Marcus Flutie. The awkward reunion is presented mostly as a conversation. 250 pages is a lot of dialogue to read. (Okay, not all 250 pages were dialogue, but probably about half of them were.) It got to be very cumbersome at times. I jumped ahead more than once.


We catch up with most of the main characters and all of the stories are tied up in a nice neat little bow, which I suppose was the point of this fifth installment. This was a quick read, but all in all, not worth your time. If you've read the series up to this point, stop while you are ahead.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

Nice review :)

 
At April 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no! I really enjoyed the first two books, but the third one was a little bit shaky...I had hoped the series would be better in the last two. Oh well.

 
At April 4, 2010 at 6:26 AM , Blogger Lea Kelley said...

Visiting from the blog hop.

I LOVED the first two books in this series, I thought they were practically perfect. Three and four, not so much. I thought Perfect Fifths was better, but all in all I kind of wish she'd left it at just the first two. Those are the books that I recommend to friends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home