This Page

has been moved to new address

My Challenge

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: My Challenge

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Challenge

In late 2008 I discovered Goodreads and began using it to keep track of books that I'd read and those that I wanted to read. With this new tool at my disposal I decided that I wanted to challenge myself to read more.

Beginning January 1,2009 I challenged myself to read 50 books by the end of the year. I did a lot of reading that year, but sadly I did not reach my goal. I only made it to 32, but in my defense those 32 included the first six of the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. For those of you who aren't familiar with them, they are huge novels.

In 2010 I decided that I would give it another try. Once again, I'm challenging myself to read 50 books by Dec. 31, 2010. My rules are pretty simple.
1. Must finish the book in order for it to count. (This explains why I had to finish Lamb the Gospel According to Biff)
2. It can be something I've read before as long as it was awhile ago.

Even though I didn't make my goal in the 2009 challenge, I had a lot of fun with it. This year, my husband decided to join me and issued a challenge of his own. He wanted to track how many pages we were reading in addition to how many books.

You might be wondering how I'm doing on these challenges. Well, its week 11 and I'm currently reading book 12 and have read 4754 pages. I know he is also reading book 12, but I'm not sure where he is on his page count (I think I'm ahead here due to the last Outlander book).

This has been fun to do together. As a result our television is often off in the evenings and we spend time talking about the books that we are each reading. Of course we have to check in with each other to see where we're at. There's nothing wrong with a little friendly competition, right?

5 Comments:

At March 19, 2010 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Ellz said...

Good luck in the challenge. I am an new follower from the blog hop. I do a kids post too occasionally. Since I read 75% kids books. Stop by and say hi.
http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/

 
At March 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

OOO friend me on Goodreads :)

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2553513

 
At March 19, 2010 at 12:00 PM , Blogger https://booksthoughtsadventures.com said...

Good luck in your challenge...I multitask when I read...my husbans loves sports so when he is watching football or baseball...I am reading.

 
At March 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Teresa said...

Patty, that is another way I squeeze in some extra reading time. The hubs chooses to watch hockey, so I read. Thanks everyone for stopping by.

 
At March 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on GoodReads too:) Found you through the Blogger Hop--good luck with your challenge.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home