This Page

has been moved to new address

Challenges Update!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Challenges Update!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Challenges Update!

I first told you about my personal challenge in March.  I figured it might be time for an update.  I have completed 29 books so far.  I don't think I'm going to have any trouble reaching my 50 in 2010 goal.  When I completed the 29th I had read exactly 10,000 pages.  The competition between my husband an I is still going strong.  I got ahead of him in both books and pages, but he is making up ground because he possesses the ability to stay up all night reading while I have never been able to do that. 

I haven't started my book for Jane in June hosted by Book Rat.  I have chosen to read Emma and am working on fitting it in.  I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time recently and definitely want to read more Austen.

Finally the Literary Road Trip hosted by Jenn's Bookshelves that I told you about earlier this month.  I am cruising along with that one.  I have featured a couple of  reviews by Colorado Author Sandra Dallas.  I received several great suggestions for authors to include in my trip from my readers.  I'm hoping to pick up some of them soon. 

Are you participating in any challenges?  How are they going?  I'd love to hear from you.

8 Comments:

At May 31, 2010 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Tales of Whimsy said...

Oooo I'm reading Emma now too (for Jane in June). How far in are you?

 
At May 31, 2010 at 9:08 AM , Blogger CMash said...

WTG on your challenge.
CMash Loves To Read

 
At May 31, 2010 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Reading Allowed said...

Ooooh I love Emma! Enjoy!

I'm doing the Twenty Ten challenge this year. It's making me stretch out of my reading comfort zone, but small enough not to be an overwhelming challenge too.

http://www.bartsbookshelf.co.uk/my-challenges/twentyten-challenge/

 
At May 31, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Teresa said...

Juju- I'm just getting started.

Mash- Thank you

Reading- That challenge looks pretty cool. I wonder if I'd be able to finish starting at the halfway point...

 
At May 31, 2010 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Julie P said...

Nice progress on the challenges, Teresa. Keep up the good work!

 
At June 1, 2010 at 4:59 AM , Blogger mpartyka said...

Isn't it rewarding to note success? I have been listening to books recently, which allows me to 'read' much more than I would normally do. I'm getting tired of listening now though so my numbers will reduce over the summer and that's okay.

I used to have a goal to read one book a month - mainly to find time for myself when our son was young and life was busier than today.

Have a great week!

 
At June 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

I LOVE Pride and Prejudice! Emma is always a fun read too; who doesn't love a matchmaker gone wrong?

 
At June 1, 2010 at 5:18 PM , Blogger bibliophiliac said...

Hi Teresa, I have an award for you! Stop by http://bibliophiliac-bibliophiliac.blogspot.com to pick it up. All the best...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home