This Page

has been moved to new address

BBAW: New Treasure

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: BBAW: New Treasure

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BBAW: New Treasure

Welcome to day two of the Book Blogger Appreciation Week activities.  Today we have the pleasure of interviewing a fellow blogger.  I was lucky enough to be paired with Melissa from Book Nut.Melissa's blog was new to me so I spent some time checking it out.  I love her honest review style. She reviews primarily children's and middle grade books and is actively involved in CYBILS.   I'd love to be involved in something like this.  Maybe next year... 
Lets get to know The Book Nut:

TRC: How long have you been blogging? 
Six years. Eep! Sounds like a long time when I write it out.
 TRC:  Is there a story behind your blog name?
When I first started, I was looking for something all-encompassing that described how I feel about books. I threw around some ideas with some friends when one suggested that I was nuts about books. Ta-da! Book Nut was born.
 TRC:  What are the most challenging thing about blogging?
Keeping up with all the books that 1) are coming out in any given week, month, year and 2) that everyone is reading. Sometimes I wish there was a pause button that would allow me to put everything on hold until I got caught up.
 TRC:  What do you find is the most rewarding?
Meeting new bloggers, the friendships that I've developed over the years, and the shared interest. It's incredibly rewarding to be hanging out with people who understand my geekiness and love books and reading as much as I do.
 TRC:  Any quirky reading habits?
Not sure. I've taken to double (and sometimes triple) booking over the past year; something I swore I'd never do. I do like to read in the bath. Oh, and I'm quite adept at reading while the TV is going, especially if what is on is something my girls are watching. As long as it's not too annoying (or too interesting; I always get sucked into Backyardigans.)
 TRC:  Who is your favorite author?
One? I have to choose one?? How about a top 5: Jane Austen, John Green, Wendy Mass, Kristin Cashore, Shannon Hale
 TRC:  If you could have dinner with any character in a book, who would it be and why?
No idea; I have a bad track record remembering characters from books (though I do have a wicked crush on Valek from Poison Study). I would like to have dinner with John Green, Mo Willems and Nathan Fillion sometime, though. :-D
 TRC:  What would you ask them?
I don't know. We'd shoot the breeze. Doodle a bit. Talk geek talk: books and art and movies and that kind of stuff. I just think they'd make awesome dinner companions.
 TRC:  Are there any fall releases that you are waiting anxiously for?
Ones already on my Amazon Wishlist: The Candymakers by Wendy Mass; The Sweetness of Salt, by Celia Galant; Hereville: How Mika Got Her Sword, by Barry Deutsch; I Shall Wear Midnight, by Terry Pratchett; A Tale  Dark and Grimm, by Adam Gidwitz; Anna and the French Kiss, by Stephanie Perkins; and Zombies vs. Unicorns. I'm sure there will be more as others read and post about them.
 TRC:  Anything else you'd like us to know about you or your blog?
First off, I'm terrible at selling myself...(I have a friend, locally, who loves to do it for me.) Secondly, even though I really like middle grade and YA (and have sci-fi/fantasy leanings), I will read just about anything. I thrive off of recommendations... please stop by and leave some!
 TRC:  Thanks so much!
Welcome! It's been fun!
 Go check out her blog and add it to your reader.  I did!

  http://melissasbookreviews.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

At September 14, 2010 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Hi Melissa! You already know I love your blog but I wanted to stop by anyway. I agree, friendships are the most rewarding!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Amanda, you're awesome. Thanks Teresa! It was fun getting to know you!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Valerie said...

I have to smile at the Backyardigans being considered interesting. Definitely better than some of those other kids shows, LOL. Been there, done that (my youngest is 9).

I've always had more than one book going at a time. Right now it's four!

Nice finding out about Melissa through BBAW.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home