This Page

has been moved to new address

Running Around (and Such) by Linda Byler

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: Running Around (and Such) by Linda Byler

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Running Around (and Such) by Linda Byler

My thoughts:    The story follows the Glick family and centers around Lizzie Glick.  Lizzie is your typical teenage girl.  She is unhappy with the way that she looks, she thinks that her parents are too conservative, she is curious about boys and dating, and she hates doing her chores.  The thing that is different about Lizzie and the Glick family is that they are Amish.

I've seen this book called a romance, but I think it is more of a coming of age story. It was an interesting glimpse into the Amish household.  I was aware of some of the limitations that the lifestyle requires, but what surprised me was that they vary from one community to another.

I didn't really like Lizzie because she was so whiny, but I haven't spent much time around girls in their early teens (since I was one) so they might all be like that.  I did like Emma and would love to see a story written from her point of view. This is a super easy read that would be appropriate to a younger reader looking for a clean story about growing up.  

This is book one in the Lizzie Searches for Love series.  I may pick up the next volume to see if Lizzie outgrows her whiny selfish ways.

Disclosure:  I received my copy of Running Around (and Such) from FSB Associates with the hope that I would review it.  This did not affect my opinion of the story.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 23, 2010 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks for your review! I've been looking into reading some Amish books lately and I hadn't heard of this one. I'll have to check it out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home