This Page

has been moved to new address

BBAW: Unexpected Treasure

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Teresa's Reading Corner: BBAW: Unexpected Treasure

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BBAW: Unexpected Treasure

Book Blogger Appreciation Week: Unexpected Treasures

My unexpected came from a blogger in a roundabout way.  I got the suggestion from one of the ladies in my former book group and she happens to have a blog...

My first foray into Historical Fiction was the result of a suggestion from Reading Aloud who suggested Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It took a little while for me to get into the story but once I did, I was hooked.  I read the entire series one after another finishing just in time for the arrival of An Echo in the Bone.

It is because of this suggestion that I am now a regular reader of Historical Fiction.  Had I not followed her advise and read this, I might have missed out on one of my favorite books of the year, The Confessions of Catherine de Medici.

What are some of your favorite Historical Fiction authors or titles?

2 Comments:

At September 15, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

I have Outlander sitting on my shelf waiting to be read!

 
At September 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Reading Allowed said...

I am so so so delighted to read this! Of course as you know Outlander is a favorite of mine so I love when anyone else loves it, but I'm so happy you found a new genre to enjoy through it!

Have you read Sara Donati? She also writes historical fiction (with a little more romance than Gabaldon) and Claire actually makes a cameo in her series!

We need to get that former book group back into a real, functioning book group, don't you think?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home